The following details the different steps of the booking procedure, from the initial contact to your arrival at your teacher’s home:
- First read either the “Adult program” section or “Youth program”. This will clarify the course concept and make it easier for you to select the right course for you or any other person.
- If you are unsure of anything, please call us on + 49-951 20 44 04. We will be happy to explain the program and the procedure.
- Once you have decided on a particular course, the course length and board type (half board or full board), please complete the enrolment form.
- The registration form will require you to enter personal information and to select a course. You will also be asked how you would like to pay the course deposit of EUR 150.00. The deposit will later be deducted from the course fee.
- The deposit can be paid:
- with a credit card
- by bank transfer
- via PayPal
- If you choose to pay by credit card or via PayPal, you will receive an email confirming your payment and booking within 36 hours.
- If you choose to pay by bank transfer, you will receive written confirmation of our account details within 36 hours. The registration fee should be transferred to this account and we will send you confirmation upon receipt of payment. If there are more than 42 days remaining between the submission of the registration form and the start of the course, the deposit should be paid no later than 10 days after registering. Otherwise the total amount is due immediately.
- Upon receipt of the registration fee, you will be sent a placement test if you have indicated on the registration form that you or the person registered has a German proficiency level of A1, A2, B1 or B2. If you are not familiar with the CEFR scale, you will be asked to choose a value between 0-10. Values between 0 (no German) and 6 (good) correspond to the CEFR-scale A1-B2. From level C1 onwards, or a value of 7 or more, you will not be required to complete a placement test. Instead, you will receive a list of questions, which should be answered in German.
- The balance of the course fees must be settled in full no later than 6 weeks before the beginning of the course. Upon receipt of the full amount, we will send you your teacher’s contact details.
- Contact your teacher via e-mail, Skype or telephone to discuss the course program, leisure requirements and any special dietary requirements.
- You will normally travel on Sunday, arriving in the afternoon before the course start on Monday.
- We will gladly assist you with travel arrangements. Should you or the person registered require train timetables or a transfer from the airport to the teacher’s home, please let us know no later than 2 weeks before the course start. If you plan to arrive by car or train, please inform the family what time you plan to arrive at least 1 week beforehand. This will ensure that the family will be at home or at the train station to greet you.
- The course ends on Friday. You will normally depart on Saturday morning.
- On the day of arrival and during the stay, you can always reach the program director by phone. She will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- At the end of the course, you will receive a certificate of attendance detailing the course length and confirming your German level according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).